I have been providing language services since 2004 and offer:
- Text composition (English/Deutsch) for all purposes
- Translation (English<>Deutsch)
- Editing / proofreading
- Language coaching
- Voiceovers, dramatic and otherwise
My experience? Well . . .
- I’ve translated and/or edited countless academic papers as translator and proofreader for the Institute of Jazz Studies of the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz, Austria since 2007,
- composed, translated and edited liner notes, press releases and other materials for more musicians, festivals, organizations and labels than I can remember,
- worked on projects both mundane (advertising copy) and esoteric (opera libretto),
- I’ve worked as a voiceover artist (for instance, the English voice of the Spiegel Online series “Trump vs. Reality”)
- I have served as language coach for the pianist Pierre Laurent-Aimard, for actors, singers, and lyricists
Translation, in particular, is a tricky business: just because it’s correct doesn’t mean it’s right. The most exact translation is rarely the one that best communicates the sense and feeling of a text. And that, in the end, is the point: to elegantly and faithfully communicate meaning.
For samples, references and rates please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org